Current available jobs in Facility Operations/Security:
» Assistant Head Groundskeeper - Corpus Christi Hooks (Corpus Christi, TX)
» Summer 2017 Internship- Groundskeeping - Houston Astros (Houston, TX)
» Coordinator, Tour Department - Houston Astros Baseball Club (Houston, TX)
» Maintenance Technician - Stadium Operations - Houston Astros Baseball Club (Houston, TX)
Facility Operations/Security: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Assistant Head Groundskeeper - Corpus Christi Hooks (Corpus Christi, TX)
The Corpus Christi Hooks at Whataburger Field have a position opening for Assistant Head Groundskeeper.
The Assistant Head Groundskeeper is responsible for assisting the Head Groundskeeper in the repairing and maintaining of the playing surface, bullpens, surrounding grounds, and outfield berm seating areas. The Assistant Grounds Keeper works with the Whataburger Field Facilities team to maintain and repair on-field equipment such as wall pads, netting, BP equipment, and other associated on-field items.
The Assistant Head Groundskeeper reports directly to the Head Groundskeeper, and may also take direction from the Senior Director of Operations, General Manager and Team President.
Typical Duties/Job Requirements of this position:
The successful candidate will have/be:
Physical requirements of the job:
Facility Operations/Security: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Summer 2017 Internship- Groundskeeping - Houston Astros (Houston, TX)
The Houston Astros Internships are intended for individuals with a strong desire to gain real-world work experience, as well as a desire to work hard and give their best. Learning potential is endless in these positions and interns get out of the experience what they put into it. While primarily intended as an educational experience, these internships are paid.
The Groundskeeping intern will learn the ins and outs of field operations, turf management and the overall maintenance of the field and ballpark grounds ensuring the surface is game and camera-ready. This may include infield and home plate maintenance, maintaining infield moisture, fertilizer applications, aerification, topdressing and many other related duties. This intern will also assist with the maintenance of all equipment as well as help set up pre-game activities such as batting practice and other non-baseball needs. The selected intern should have interest in learning about or familiarization with field maintenance equipment, and must be a hard-working team player. This internship is ideal for Turf Management majors who intend to run their own field someday.
Preferred candidates are those currently enrolled or recently graduated from a 2-to-4 year turfgrass program from an accredited university. This individual should have strong communication skills, a high attention to detail and a tremendous desire to learn. Individuals should be very motivated and hard working. Baseball field experience is preferred but NOT required. Must be able to participate in game-time functions, including holidays, special events and must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
Energetic and enthusiastic. • Outgoing, positive attitude and personality. • Must be a “team player.” • Interested in more than just working in a high profile environment. • Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment. • Willing to offer ideas and suggestions. • Punctual and professional.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Facility Operations/Security: Facility/Venue Management
Coordinator, Tour Department - Houston Astros Baseball Club (Houston, TX)
This position will be responsible for strategically managing all activities within the Tour Department (i.e. Tours, Education initiatives, birthday parties and specialty events) while maintaining a specific focus on developing new products and ideas to increase and maximize revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan and coordinate guided tours of Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros, that
inform our guests and create excitement for fans.
• Creatively market and actively promote the department to new audiences.
• Hire, develop, and manage a high-quality staff to lead guided tours of Minute Maid Park.
• Responsible for establishing budget and ensuring department operates within set budget.
• Develop department sales goals and objectives, generate new sales, and develop new business
streams and sources.
• Complete sales negotiations to increase bookings; coordinate invoices and payments.
• Continue the growth of current tours and programs at Minute Maid Park by creating and
implementing new programming to increase return on investment.
• Establish additional relationships with local schools and state education resources to activate and
improve onsite educational tour curriculum and programs.
• Respond in a timely manner to calls, inquiries, and emails related to the above areas of responsibility
and to general information requests as needed.
• Maintain and service existing accounts.
• Build and retrieve ticket links for distribution and sale with Tickets.com and MLBAM programming.
• Prepare and distribute contracts, reports, event sheets, special projects, and related material.
• Complete all aspects of event coordination for tour related activities.
• Provide superior customer service to clients and prospects.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships within the office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Entrepreneurial spirit with common sense AND highly energetic personality.
• HIGH level of demonstrated professionalism.
• Experience working with children IS REQUIRED!
• Flexibility to work long hours, evenings, and weekends. SCHEDULE WILL INCLUDE WORKING
SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND HOLIDAYS.
• Proven sales experience preferred.
• Excellent event planning skills, superb eye for detail, cost conscious attitude.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects to extreme detail simultaneously and within
• Ability to establish, develop, and maintain good working relationships with clients, sponsors, and staff
• Outgoing personality, maybe even “THEATRICAL”! True definition of a “Team Player”. Creative,
Energetic, and proactive approach to work.
• Ability to memorize script material is a plus!
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Other languages a plus.
• Computer literate with knowledge of various computer programs. Ability to present creative material
to graphics department in order to build Astros branded marketing material.
• Background in hospitality or management (hotel or event), event planner a plus.
• Ability to anticipate and make recommendations based upon the needs of clients.
• Any experience with Tickets.com programming a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Facility Operations/Security: Maintenance
Maintenance Technician - Stadium Operations - Houston Astros Baseball Club (Houston, TX)
The Houston Astros are adding to your Stadium Operations staff! We are looking for a dependable, skilled and friendly individual to help us maintain our beautiful facility. Our Maintenance Technician performs a variety of tasks related to construction, repair, engineering, maintenance, upkeep and safe operations of Minute Maid Park and related facilities. Assists with field and facility conversions preparing for various events at Minute Maid Park.
Qualifications: Required Competencies & Skills:
CFM certification through IFMA or other related certifications a definite PLUS!
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
· Frequent heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.)
The Houston Astros plan to hire two new members to the Stadium Operations team. The shifts are 1:30pm – 11:30pm, 8 days on, then 6 days off. Work schedule could vary depending upon team schedule and special events schedule. This non-exempt position is eligible for overtime pay.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ